Barton Publishing has put out a list of "43 Simple Ways to Simplify Your Life." I think that I need to implement a few of these habits into my daily life, because unfortunately my quest for minimalism has been on a slower pace that I would like. A lot of the ideas are pretty awesome. I'm only posting my twelve favorites, with my comments in italics. Be sure to check out the link below for the full list.
- Create a weekly meal plan. I think this will save money as well as time, and I'd be healthier.
- Add items you want to a wish list as you think of them. Brilliant! Also helps with cutting down on spontaneous purchases.
- Get a label maker or write labels out by hand. I LOVE labels. I'm buying a fancy label maker from Staples really soon.
- Set your clothes out for the next day the night before. If it works for elementary schoolers, it'll work for me.
- Ask for experiences not things for your birthday and Christmas this year. Interesting idea. Who needs more pajama sets? Gimme horseback riding lessons!
- Unsubscribe from emails, newsletters or RSS feeds that don’t provide value anymore. I tell myself to do this EVERY. DAY. and I always put it off.
- Do things at home as much as possible (eat, date nights, entertain etc.). Gotta save anyway you can.
- Let go of the self-imposed need to be perfect. Easier said than done.
- Reduce your wardrobe to a few versatile items. Waaay easier said than done.
- Finish old tasks before taking on new ones. This is a great way to avoid becoming overwhelmed/overworked.
- For every new item that enters your home set two free. I do this! Check out this post.
- Revisit what you carry with you in your purse or wallet. I try to do this daily. It helps to keep my purse light and only containing what I need each day.