Five Tips for Finding the Perfect Pair of Jeans.
"Shopping for jeans" is a phrase that can invoke fear into the hearts of many. Even I, an avid thrifter who loves to spend hours perusing and scouring stores for the best finds, will generally avoid the denim section. Currently, I own four pairs of jeans, in two styles, from one store. One is a jegging and the other three are basic, mid-rise, dark-wash jeans. The reason I have three pairs of the same style is because I believe in the phrase "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." ;) If you are in the market for some new designer jeans, here are some tips for finding the perfect pair like I did! (Also, feel free to leave more tips in the comments, if you think I omitted something important or if you have tips for shopping for mens jeans.)
1. First and foremost, find the style that works with your body. Ignore what is trendy and wear what makes you look (and more importantly feel) good. Try asking your lady friends or relatives what is their favorite pair of women's jeans. I found out about my favorite style from my friend Meg! Things to consider--do you prefer bootcut jeans? Skinny jeans? Ripped jeans? High, low, or mid-rise?
2. Choose quality over quantity. Invest in solid, well-constructed denim jeans, even if they are a little pricey. They will last you so much longer than a cheapo pair from some fast fashion shop in the mall. True Religion Brand Jeans offers tons of different styles, definitely worth checking out.
3. Since there is no industry standard for sizing, memorize your measurements and ignore the "sizes". I work in a clothing store, and I often see women passing on buying a pair of jeans because the size is one or two sizes higher than their usual size, even if the pants look great! It's a shame that we can be so easily ruled by the number on the tag. Ditch that idea, ladies!
4. Consider jeans with stretch for a better fit, especially if you are in between sizes. Also remember to have your jeans hemmed. It only costs a few bucks and you look so much more put-together in a proper length.
5. "I don't rely on mirrors, so I always take Polaroids." Wise words from Cher Horowitz. Grab a friend or a self-timer app and get a better look at how great your butt looks in those new jeans!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored, but all words and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting those who support this blog. :)