Recipe • Easy DIY Ramen!
Like most people in January, we're trying to spend a little less money, use what we have, and stick to our resolutions. One of the ways we're incorporating all three is by making dinners with food we already have in our kitchen. Recently I've learned that my boyfriend is a pro at turning a packet of Top Ramen into something amazing. Today we share his secrets. (JK this isn't groundbreaking, but it might help if you have similar goals for 2019!)
• Gather up ingredients (aka whatever you have in your fridge/pantry). This time he used: carrots, corn, mushrooms, eggs, spinach, and leftover grilled chicken.
• Prepare ingredients while boiling water. He sauteed the carrots and mushrooms (with a little bit of sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger), and soft-boiled the eggs.
• Add noodles and other ingredients to the pot and cook for 5 minutes.
• Sprinkle some sesame seeds and drizzle some sriracha on top.
• Enjoy your delicious, slightly-healthier (than plain ole ramen, at least), and practically free meal!
Have you ever made ramen this way? What are your go-to cheap/easy meals?