no more excuses.
I found this article through Platters n' Splatters, a side-blog of the lovely Fi of Previously Owned. I had it bookmarked for a while and finally read it today. It's a list of five fitness training tips. Now, I am personally not that into fitness (haha!), but these tips can really be used towards anything in life. I removed most of the fitness-specific information, but you can click here to read the full post. What are some of your favorite motivational tips?
1. Let go of beating yourself up. Stop the negative self-talk before you get down on yourself. The “inner critic” will just drain your energy and make you feel like you need to live up to unreasonable standards. And what happens when you feel bad about yourself or feel like your goals are unattainable? You don’t act.
2. Start thinking about what you can do.
3. Block out time. Be sure to block out time in the day to take care of yourself. I find a lot of people don’t have a schedule for training. They fly by the seat of their pants. They organize their whole day with work and errands, but you never see “exercise” on the schedule. Just by seeing “workout 6pm” in your day planner you will be more apt to do it.
4. Get back on the horse. If you do miss one or two days — even a week of exercise — it’s not the end of the world. Get back on that horse. Don’t let that busy day, bad day or sick day derail your entire month’s worth of exercise.
5. Be open to ways to change up your routine.